eCommerce Google Analytics Audit
Our Analytics Project Team is made up of two Google Analytics certified experts, one of which conducts the discovery work and manages the implementation of fixes and the other manages the client and the delivery of the agreed work. We’ve helped eCommerce businesses of all sizes improve their Google Analytics implementation and reporting.
The Google Analytics audit that we deliver is focused on improving the accuracy of your existing data, delivering further insight via non-standard features (such as event tracking, custom dimensions etc), improving your existing implementation (use of Google Tag Manager, spec for upgrading to universal analytics, using enhanced ecommerce etc) and providing a roadmap for further improvements to be made.
The audit is delivered as one main report, providing lots of detail on the issues and improvements and also specifications that can be given to your developer or used to implement fixes via Google Tag Manager. If you’re working with Magento, we can also implement the changes to the code if you’d prefer.
Both myself and the main auditor are Google Analytics certified and we’ve delivered audits for a number of large retailers, which have helped to fix reliability issues and deliver a lot more insight into user behaviour. Although we specialise in working with the Magento platform (as we’re more confident in applying the fixes), we’re essentially platform agnostic and have worked with lots of other systems, including Venda, Demandware and WordPress.
- Audit of use of Google Analytics tracking code (review of pages being / not being tracked, issues with data accuracy, ecommerce tracking etc)
- Analysis and review of GA admin / config settings (review of goal tracking, general config, bounce rate problems, issues with bots etc)
- Review of campaign tracking and channel groupings (ensuring that data is being attributed correctly and channel grouping is setup properly)
- Recommendations around advanced tracking (use of things like event tracking, custom dimensions / metrics etc)
- Review of GTM implementation (or recommendations for migrating)
- Spec for using enhanced ecommerce
More information on the process
We will require admin access for your Google Analytics account and your Google Tag Manager account (or whichever tag manager you’re using). Once the audit has been completed, we will also have a call to run through all of the issues, actions and then any questions around implementing the recommendations. The auditing process is as follows:
- Audit agreed and commissioned + statement of work signed
- Access granted for GA and tag manager (and any other systems required, e.g. Google AdWords)
- Discovery call / meeting completed where client provides insight into their objectives and the issues they’re facing
- Research / auditing stage completed
- Audit written-up and the main report is delivered
- Post-audit discussion around issues raised and implementation of fixes